The action plan of the Galle face People’s protestors has been publicized yesterday (05) at the protest ground in front of the President’s Office under the title “The Day of Struggle”.
This plan consists of 06 phases, and it is presented with the agreement of all the fighters to achieve the ultimate goal of the protest.
- Gotabaya Rajapaksa should immediately resign as Executive President.
- Ranil Wickramasinghe, the Rajapaksa regime and the government should resign immediately.
- After the departure of the Gota-Ranil government, there should be an interim administration consistent with the economic, social and political goals and intentions of the people’s struggle.
- After removing the president from power, until a new constitution is adopted that guarantees people’s power, the democratic reforms that can be done in the existing constitution should be carried out.
- A new constitution guaranteeing the power of the people should be passed quickly through a referendum.
- The primary purpose of the Interim Government is to implement the above proposals, and the governance structure should end with the formulation of a new Constitution subject to a maximum of 12 months.